Mrs Dodds, a former MEP, said,
“The Northern Ireland Protocol is costing us £850m per year according to University of Ulster Economics expert Esmond Birnie. Getting the Protocol scrapped should Sinn Fein’s priority rather than spinning nonsense.
Here are the facts:
- EU Peace Plus is €258m from the European Commission and Irish government.
- €560m from the UK Government and
- €150m from the NI Executive.
- All over the next six years.
- There is no NSMC plenary scheduled until December.
- When SF blocked NSMC business for three years, solutions were found to ensure programmes could function.
The Protocol is polluting all our politics. It's time to fix the problem.”