DUP Leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson MP has addressed the House of Commons debate on Afghanistan.
- Reminds Parliament of Northern Ireland's contribution in Afghanistan
- Recalls the names of those from Northern Ireland who died in defence of freedom in Afghanistan
- Remembers that their sacrifice was not in vain despite this political crisis as we were protected from terrorist cells in Afghanistan for 20 years.
- Outlines our moral duty to provide safe refuge for those who helped our armed forces
- Calls for the Foreign Aid budget to be protected from cuts