DUP North Antrim MLA and Finance Committee Member Paul Frew has written to the Finance Committee Clerk asking that a letter he sent to the DoF Minister and Permanent Secretary on 1 April 2020 be adopted as a Committee letter.
“Last week, Minister Murphy announced a joint order for PPE between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. I want to see a good stock of PPE. The route it comes is secondary, but I was interested in the contract details for this joint order.
On Wednesday 1 April, I wrote to the Finance Minister seeking answers to six questions around the contract and general PPE supply chains. As yet I have had no reply.
Given the media attention on the matter, I believe my letter should now be adopted as a Committee letter as any answer could help bring clarity for all members in the Assembly as well as the people of Northern Ireland.”
Note to Readers
Email sent by Paul Frew MLA
From: Paul Frew
Date: 1 April 2020 at 10:57:50 am BST
Subject: Request for information on PPE
Dear Minister for Finance
- Can the department of finance provide the contract and detail there in for the joint order of PPE from China between the Northern Ireland Executive and the Government of the Irish Republic?
- When was this contract agreed and signed, and by whom?
- How much is the Northern Ireland Executive paying and for what percentage of the PPE?
- How much of the delivery that arrived at 3pm Sunday 28th March on special Aer Lingus Airbus A330 flight E19019 from Beijing has come to Northern Ireland?
- What new supply chains for PPE have been established by the Northern Ireland Executive this year? What work has been completed and what plans are in place to explore new supply chains?
- Out of what Budget stream is this money coming from?