If outside as permitted then please stay two metres apart. Wash your hands and catch all sneezes and coughs. More info here.
What is closed?
Only non-essential retail has been closed. Manufacturing and construction can continue provided the employer is enabling employees to observe social distancing. Info here.
Business Support Scheme
- Based on last year’s rating list.
- If a business pays rates on multiple sites, only one site will be eligible for payment.
- Further details will be placed here.
- DoF have BACs details for 9000. When portal is launched the others can register.
- Queen's University Belfast have cancelled all exams due to go ahead on campus on Friday. The university will be arranging alternative ways to assess students instead. Stranmillis, a College of Queen’s, will also be operating under the same measures.
- Ulster has also cancelled examinations and other face to face assessments scheduled for the end of the current semester which will be replaced by alternative on-line assessments. The Open University has also taken the decision to cancel face to face exams.
- St. Mary’s University College has made no announcements on the matter of examination because it is still considering options. Students have been advised to focus on assignments which are required up to Easter.
£10,000 grant to small businesses eligible for the Small Business Rate Relief Scheme. Will benefit approx. 27,000 small businesses.
£25,000 grant to companies in the hospitality, tourism & retail sectors with a rateable value from £15,000 up to £51,000. Will help approx. 4,000 businesses.
A freeze on all business rates for three months.
Students who wish to remain in university and university college residences will be supported by their institutions to do so.
Free School Meals
Executive has agreed to the provision of a payment (£2.70 per day) for each pupil/student who is entitled to Free School Meals. The Education Authority is preparing a payment file that will make fortnightly payments to entitled families direct to their bank account.
Self-employed Support Package
We have pressed the Treasury on this. Chancellor indicated today that he was considering options and would bring them forward shortly.